Monday 5 December 2011

When The North Wind Doth Blow

 When the north wind doth blow and we shall have snow


The North Wind - Little House Needleworks

Well the wind is blowing and there's snow in the North of the UK. It's a very cold windy day in Cornwall. Poppy has the right idea about today





She looks sad but she is actually sleeping in front of the fire and when I took the photograph she half opened her eyes.

I wish I could curl up in front of the fire but Monday morning is laundry day (: (:

I hope my frame and stand will come any day, I am so looking forward to starting VS Alphabet series.

Here is one of the first samplers I stitched, all the way back in 1999. Where do the years go?

Love & Beauty - Moira Blackburn

“Love looks not with the eye, but with the mind: And therefore is wing’d Cupid painted blind”

“A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
it’s loveliness increases;
it will never pass into nothingness;
but still keep a bower quiet for us.”
How true.  Moira's charts have given me such joy over the years and they really are things of beauty and that beauty does increase.

I think that it will be thermals for me and doggie coats for Blue and Poppy today when we go for our walk. There is a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering in the AGA for when we get back

Warm wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

Nicola xxx