Friday 2 December 2011

Stitching Progress, More Christmas Decorations, Walks and Garden

I made a start yesterday on VS Alphabet series but after assessing the size of the piece I decided to stitch this on a roller frame rather than a hoop. I have a new floor stand and frame being made so I will wait for it to arrive. Fingers crossed it should be here early next week. All I did on this piece was to cut the fabric, and prepare the edging. I like to do this by running the fabric through my sewing machine with an overcast stitch.

I made a good start on The Lace Garden

The Lace Garden by Cols Creations


The colour of the fabric in the photograph is misleading as it is actually white not cream. I find Hardanger stitches very therapeutic to sew but the cutting is nerve racking. I am looking forward to working on this again later today.

Here is a photograph of my sewing etui which I like to use in December as it  is also a Christmas decoration


Gingerbread House by Victoria Sampler
It is so sweet and I had such fun stitching it, although the chimney pot was very fiddly to attach to the roof.

Inside I can store needles, pins, scissors, ruler and the matching biscorno.

Gingerbread House and Biscornu by Victoria Sampler
I have been busy this morning decorating the holiday cottages for Christmas. Blue came and helped me.

Blue Standing Guard outside The Chocolate Box
I always enjoy decorating the cottages and putting out mince pies on the welcome tray for our visitors. What traditional cakes and biscuits do you have in your country?

The sun has come out today and after a few days of rain and strong winds it has been lovely to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air.




I had a wander around the garden today and spotted some orange toadstools



We made  two wood piles in the garden this summer so that  we could create some homes for insects and small wildlife. These are providing  food, warmth and shelter.  I am hoping that the pond wood pile will provide a snug place for frogs and toads to hibernate.

We get great pleasure from feeding and watching the birds in our garden and the insects will provide them with food.



We walked to Church Cove yesterday and had the beach to ourselves. Poppy and Blue had great fun playing in the sand and sea.

Poppy and Blue at Church Cove

We are now off for today's walk, it will be good to be out in the winter sunshine.

Best wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

Nicola xxx