Wednesday 14 December 2011

Love ....


Love - Shepherds Bush


I am sending lots of love to all who read this post today and my grateful thanks for all the lovely comments that have been left on my blog.

We have had another horrible night of howling winds, torrential rain and hailstones. We even had some thunder this morning. There has been more damage to the garden and the house. The television aerial has blown down together with lots of roofing slates !!

There have been reports of snow on the north Cornish coast, Christine, if you are reading this please keep it over your side.



And They Sinned

I made some good progress yesterday on ATS. There are a lot of stitches in the pond area. I used a twin pointed quick stitch needle for the first time.




It took several stitches to get the hang of it but then I got into my rhythm and it definitely is quicker. The thread didn't twist so I didn't have to stop to un-twist it.

I don't know yet whether I will use this type of needle for smaller areas.

It is the day for the mobile library, I am sadly returning Jane Nicholas' Stumpwork and Gold Work Embroidery.




This is a gorgeous book which has the most beautiful photographs of her work. I love reading craft books.

I have finished listening to Elizabeth Corley's Requiem Mass and am now listening to Innocent Blood. Both feature DCI Andrew Fenwick. The books are well written, with good story lines. Her characterisations are good and believable. I would recommend her if you like crime and mystery novels.



Blue and Poppy are fed up with all this bad weather, they go to the door asking to go out and when you open it and they see the weather they don't want to go out.

Blue is a Mummy's boy and should have been called Glue as he follows me every where (and I mean everywhere). Because he can't get on my lap when I am stitching he will get as close to me as possible and then he will watch me working. If I get up to make a cup of tea he will follow me into the kitchen. Bless him!

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

Nicola xxx