Wednesday 28 December 2011

Husbands Do Have Ears



I was thrilled to open my Christmas present from my husband. He does listen to my chatter about needlework after all.

I have been fancying this chest for ages but have previously only ever seen it sold filled with threads (I didn't want all those DMC threads) but luckily  Sew and So sell the chest without the threads. This is the bestiest Christmas present ever. Thank you Ray xxxxxxxxx.

We have had a very hectic few days and have managed to fit in so much. Christmas morning and lunch with my son, his fiance and her parents. We had a wonderful time and a scrumptious traditional lunch.

Then we travelled to Wales to stay with my youngest sister in Monmouth. We were quite a house full. Mum, Dad, my two sisters and their husbands and children. It was so nice to all be together to celebrate Christmas. As we have gotten older and our  families have grown it has not always been easy to be together especially when we live so far apart.

My youngest sister is very creative and had the most gorgeous Christmas decorations. My head is buzzing with idea for next Christmas.




I have never seen Christmas themed chair back covers before. They were adorable. They would be so easy to make, you could have Father and Mother Christmas, Santa's little helpers, snowmen, the possibilities are endless and could be personalised for the family member who sits in the chair.




I would like to make a wall hanging like this for next year. It would be a great way to use up scraps of material as well.

The Christmas stockings were amazing.







As were her cushions





Whilst staying in Wales we also visited my MIL and SIL and my SD and GCs. It was wonderful to see them. Talking on the telephone can never replace seeing and hugging them.

It has been strange not stitching for a few days. Before, I went away I took this photograph of ATS.

And They Sinned


I have run out of Cherry Bark. My back order of threads are somewhere in transit  between the UK store and the States. I am worried that I may make a counting mistake with having so many gaps.

It will be good to stitch again today once I have caught up with my chores.

Christmas is now as far away as ever, we will remember 2011 as a special one filled with love, laughter and too much food and chocolates. .

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx