Wednesday 21 December 2011

Santa has been busy


Father Christmas has delivered some charts from Rosewood Manor. Both have been purchased  with money given to me for Christmas by my MIL. My family know that I like nothing more than to have stitching related gifts. I am looking forward to stitching both but when is another thing. They will be dedicated to my MIL who was 92 this year.

I love really big samplers. Any suggestions of charts to add to my stash would be appreciated.

The post man has also brought with him the replacement legs for my stand. They fitted perfectly and all the problems with the new stand have been resolved.

I was most impressed with Elbesee and Sew and So's customer service. When I realised the fault with the stand I spoke to Yvette at Sew and So and within 15 minutes David, the MD at Elbesee rang me.

He was most apologetic and immediately said he would post replacement legs. He didn't need me to return the faulty ones or even require proof of the faults. You can't fault that !

I thought that with the Christmas post I wouldn't have them until after Christmas so their arrival today was a nice surprise.

The weather is overcast today but I must stir myself into walking Poppy and Blue. It is the shortest day in the UK. It's good to think that from here on in the days will start to get longer even though we have the winter weather of January and February to come.

On this grey winter's day I thought that I would include some bright and cheery photographs of my garden in summer bloom.


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
www.seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
www.seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
www.seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
www.seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
www.seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

I have next year's displays all worked out and the seeds and bedding plants have been ordered. It is such fun pouring over the seed catalogues on winter days.

At Trewoon we try and grow as many plants as we can from seeds or cuttings but we still have to order in quite a bit.

I think that cultivating a garden and developing planting schemes is akin in many ways to working a sampler. It is so rewarding to watch both grow and bloom in all their glory.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx