Monday 19 December 2011

Top Ten Reasons Why Eve Was Created



And They Sinned

I have been pleased with progress on ATS. I am still waiting on three threads so there are some gaps that will need to be worked backed, mostly Deep Sea.

As I was stitching Eve this weekend I recalled an old joke.

"Top Ten Reasons Why Eve Was Created"

10.   God was worried that Adam would frequently become lost in the garden because he would not ask for
       directions.

9.     God knew that one day Adam would require someone to locate and hand him the remote control.

8.     God knew Adam would never go out and buy himself a new fig leaf when his wore out and would
        therefore, need Eve to buy one for him.

7.     God knew Adam would never be able to make a doctor's, dentist or haircut appointment for himself.

6.      God knew Adam would never remember which night to put out the garbage for collection.

5.      God knew if the world was to be populated, men would never be able to handle the pain and
         discomfort of childbearing.

4.      As the Keeper of the Garden, Adam would never remember where he left his tools.

3.     Apparently , Adam needed someone to blame his troubles on when God caught him hiding in the
        garden.

2.     As the bible says, It is not for man to be alone.

1.    When God finished the creation of Adam, he stepped back, scratched his head and said, "I can do better
       that that!"

We went out for Sunday lunch yesterday and had a very tasty meal. I would be embarrassed to show a photograph of my meal as my plate was piled high. I always get stuck for choice when it is a carvery so I went for a little of everything.

I love textures and colours and will often choose a project because of the colours and textures used. I often change both and I love to add embellishments or fancy stitches. Crazy quilting answers all my urges.

This old tree in my garden which has been battered by the winds and salt from the ocean fascinates and inspires me.

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

I hope to take inspiration from the trees in my garden and use the shape of their trunks and branches and the different textures of their bark in TAST 2012.

I am so looking forward to 2012.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

 Nicola xxx