Tuesday 6 December 2011

Vintage Valentines

The post has arrived and but no new frame and stand so no start on VS Alphabet series today. However, some floss bags did arrive.




I saw these on Sew and So's web site and thought I would give them a try. I usually use the thread holders built in to my Daylight Floor Lamp but for the VS project there are not enough holders for the numbers of different threads I shall be using.

Besides embroidery I like to sew and quilt but for some strange reason not in the winter months. I think that there is nothing better than to settle down on cold days in front of the fire and pass the hours stitching and listening to a good book.

I have a quilt project started but I stopped working on it in October, I will start again after my son's wedding in April.

Before I pack it away I thought that I would show you my progress so far

Vintage Valentine by Verna Mosquera

Vintage Valentine by Verna Mosquera

Vintage Valentine by Verna Mosquera

Vintage Valentine by Verna Mosquera

Vintage Valentine by Verna Mosquera

The pattern is Vintage Valentines by Verna Mosquera. When I have finished all the blocks I intend to move away from the pattern and do quite a bit of embroidery on the bocks and add embellishments. I have some lovely beads, lace and threads ready to use. I will also make some fabric flowers to place over the applique flowers, that's why they look a little flat at the moment.

The stitches I learn in TAST 2012 will come in useful for this.

The Lace Garden is progressing well and I have nearly finished the kloster blocks


The Lace Garden - Cols Creations

I have been busy this morning cooking for the freezer, I have made some lasagnes which are a favourite of mine.

It's another cold, grey day in Cornwall but I am sending you warm and cheerful wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

Nicola xxx