Saturday 10 December 2011

The Embroidered Cabinet of Curiousities

I have finalised my projects for 2012 which is a year that I have intended to be one of learning new needlework skills.

For sometime I have been thinking about participating in the 18 month course "The Embroidered Cabinet of Curiousities" by Thistle Threads  but have been holding back because of the skill level needed.



It is a fantastic course which will hopefully result in a treasured family heirloom.

http://www.thistle-threads.com/teaching/projects/onlineclasses/casket/casket_registration.html

I have taken the plunge and signed up !!. I hope that I will be able to master the skills needed.

2012 is going to be a very busy year. I am participating in TAST 2012 and John Waddell's Kimono Revisted (this has just started with discussions about thread choices and is promising to be very good).

I am doing a SAL with my sister who is very eager to learn. I can't give any further details yet as the fabric, threads etc., are her Christmas present. It is a gorgeous project which I will share with you after Christmas.

I need to finish And They Sinned by the end of May as it is going to be my second entry for a competition I am entering in June. Yes I did start it last night. I couldn't resist it.

After Dutch Beauty and just 13 colours of DMC floss it is a treat to be using Sampler Threads by The Gentle Art. The feel of the thread in your fingers as you stitch and the vibrancy of the colours brings me great pleasure and I am sure that I am going to enjoy this project.

The names of the different colours are tantalising - Tarnished Gold, Deep Sea, Berry Cobbler, Cherry Bark, Forest Glade, Straw Bonnet, Peacock are just a few.

And They Sinned - Examplar Dames
I also want to have completed the VS Alphabet series as one piece.

I am so looking forward to sharing it with you.

I am using 28 count Platinum Cashell Linen for AST & VS Alphabet. I have managed to cut both from the same width of fabric which has saved me some money. It is a favourite of mine to use.

Today at Trewoon we woke to beautiful blue skies. I had lots of chores to do this morning but this afternoon I managed to get out for a walk with Poppy and Blue. Abbie, a clumber spaniel, who we are looking after this weekend also had to be walked.

I couldn't manage three dogs so I have had two walks !

I think that after all that exercise I deserve a big bar of chocolate tonight which I am going to eat whilst watching the semi-finals of Strictly Come Dancing (UK's version of Dancing With The Stars). I do hope that Jason & Christina and Cheslea & Pasha make it through. I will have to vote tonight.

I am pleased to say that Poppy is fully recovered although she is still taking antibiotics.

Here she is having fun on our walk today


Poppy

I think that it is now time for some more stitching on ATS.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

Nicola xxx