Tuesday 20 December 2011

Thread Gathering

Thread Gathering - LNS

I have had a frustrating day trying to pick threads for a project. I wish there was a store within easy travelling distance that stocked Threadworx, Caron, Crescent Colours, Thread Gatherer, Gloriana etc., The internet is fine when you know the colours that you want but not for deciding on the actual colours.

In Truro we have a very good fabric store but their needlework section is limited and they only stock Anchor and DMC.

I failed to pick the threads and I have given myself a headache.

On a more positive note I enjoyed stitching Thread Gathering from LNS in 2010. I loved the little cotton reels which I used satin stitch for and the silver needle.

Thread Gathering - LNS


I am posting a picture of Rumpy (short for you are going to be rump steak one day :( :(  ) for Lizzie from "and this little pig" who is interested in cows. Rumpy is a short legged Dexter belonging to my son. Dexters are so cute they are only just a little bit bigger than a Shetland Pony.



I don't like getting to attached to my son's animals as you never know when you are going to be served them for lunch.

I daren't even look at his pigs as I know that some of them will be hog roasted for his wedding in April.

I wanted to share with you this photograph of Poppy and Blue fast asleep in front of the fire. They have the right idea of what do on a winter's afternoon.



As there isn't any room for me on the sofa I think that it is time for some more stitching on ATS.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore

 Nicola xxx