Friday 30 December 2011

Angels Whisper




Thank you Siobhan for telling me about Google Picasso, I have had great fun experimenting with the software and creating this collage today.

I have combined photographs of a top I knitted with those taken of a tree. The cabling and wool remind me of the textures and shapes of the bark.

It really is amazing how you can draw inspiration from the nature that you see around you. Raymond Inmon was spot on when he said

"If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk." -

There are so many beautiful things to see.


Poldhu Cove
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

I had a shock this morning when I went to log into my Google account to find that access had been stopped and my blog removed !!!!

Upon investigation it appears that attempts had been made to access/hack my account. Full marks to Google's security that they picked this up before my password had been broken.

To access my account I needed a verification token that Google would text me. Unfortunately we don't get very good mobile phone reception in Cornwall and 7.15am found me hanging out of the bedroom window (in my bright red Christmas pjs) holding my phone up in the air trying to pick up reception.  Thankfully it was still dark.

No token came through but I did pick up lots of other texts that had built up waiting for me to get a signal.

After reading Google's help section I filled out a security questionaire. It is important that you have an alternative email address as they email you a link when they are satisfied that you are the account holder.

There were lots of different questions - day, month and year you opened the account (the day and month were hard ones), the last five addresses you emailed (that was a hard one to, I knew who I had emailed but as I use my address book it wasn't easy to remember the exact addresses).

I must have got a few correct as quite quickly the link came through on my alternative email address. Phew !! great relief - I got back in to my account and my blog was back up.

Not the best way to start the day.

It did get better as the post man delivered another chart for my stash.



So many projects in the pipe line - I need more time.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx