Wednesday 4 January 2012

TAST 2012 Week 1

TAST 2012 Week 1 - Fly Stitch





Silly me I quite forgot that it was Week 1 of TAST 2012 yesterday, probably because I kept on thinking that it was Monday due to the bank holiday. I only realised my oversight this morning when I saw some pictures posted by other participants.

I couldn't wait for my chores to be done to start, unfortunately it was laundry day today :( :( and I had some administration work to do for my son.

I had my fabric ready, it is 19" x 55" and I have basted the outline of two columns with 26 sections per column.  I intend to create a sampler of stitches which I will frame when finished. I will embroider a heading across the two columns at the end to incorporate Take A Stitch Tuesday 2012.

Week 1 was fly stitch which I always see as leaves or ferns



Open Fly Stitch



Closed Fly Stitch



Fly Stitch incorporated into a design

My inspiration came from the two colours I could see looking out from my study this morning. The purples of some primulas in a window box and the red of the geraniums on the verandah.

I also found a butterfly on my keyboard this morning (it is very unusual to see a butterfly in the winter) so I took that as a sign that I should incorporate it into my embroidery today.



It's only a quick post today as I have our evening meal to prepare and my DH is hungry.

Many, many thanks to everyone who is commenting on my posts, it means more than you know.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx