Thursday 5 January 2012

I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Ann Medd 1742 - The Scarlet House




Look what my lovely postman brought today. The colours are just gorgeous,  my fingers are itching to start straight away.

It always amazes me how when you need something urgently it takes ages to come and when you are easy about delivery it arrives before expected. You've guessed it those elusive threads (from the second store)  for ATS didn't turn up yesterday or today even though I paid extra for first class delivery. I was initially excited as I thought that the package was those  threads.

I think that I am destined never to receive them.

And They Sinned

Here is where I am at the moment. I am currently working page 4.  So that I could have a firm point to count from I took the border to the bottom of the chart page and am working up for just this section as a lot of the threads I am waiting on appeared at the top of this page. 

 I have been thinking about the best way to fill in the blanks when the threads arrive - shall I  work back up or go to the beginning and work down ? I think that my brain will process working back down better so I will start over again.

I have had a request for some close ups.



And They Sinned

And They Sinned

And They Sinned

And They Sinned

And They Sinned

And They Sinned


And They Sinned

And They Sinned

And They Sinned

And They Sinned

I am sorry about the lighting but it is such a dark day here, the sky is so very grey.

There is a lovely sentence in The Scented Garden by Rosemary Verey about light and colour:-

"Colours change: in the morning light, red shines out bright and clear and the blues merge into their surroundings, melting into the greens; but by the evening the reds loose their piquancy, embracing a quieter tone and shifting toward the blues in the rainbow. Yellow flowers remain bright, and white ones become luminous, shining like ghostly figures against a darkening green background." 


Since Siobhan told me about Google Picasa I have been having a sort out of my photos and thought I would share one with you of Poppy and Blue from last summer.



Poppy and Blue at Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion Lizard
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk
Poppy and Blue at Trewoon Poldhu Cove Mullion Lizard
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Poppy is obsessed with balls. Blue can never hold on to his for long.

:( :( I suppose I better go and do some work now, no stitching today until much later. 

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx