Tuesday 17 January 2012

Sitting quietly, doing nothing, Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself

And They Sinned


Sitting quietly, doing nothing, Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself - Oh I wish it did grow by itself. I think that it is going to take weeks to fill in the grass on the bottom section and Ann Medd is calling.

(Incidentally how do you pronounce Medd, would it be Meed or Med?)

I adore the lion and the expression on his face.



And They Sinned


I have now completed the stitching of the missing threads. I have omitted the flowers on the side of the wording as I am very tempted to move the M of them and the N of Eden to line up properly with the words.  I am thinking of stitching some butterflies and other flowers to accommodate this change. I have decided to leave it until the end to decide.

I also jigged the layout to even up the words and made AND THEY SINNED slightly taller to make it more prominent.


And They Sinned


My men now have legs.


And They Sinned



I have strayed from the original design and have stitched the MNU and V in the correct order. Otherwise being dyslexic my family and friends would presume that I had got it muddled up.


And They Sinned


My avenging angel now has a body to go with her wings and the serpents are in the garden.




And They Sinned


I am pleased with the effect of the combination of Shutter Green and Apple Green for the grass. I have enjoyed stitching ATS and watching it grow but this grass is going to be a test. Just as well I have a new audio book that I am enjoying to pass the hours that I will be spending on this. I wonder which I shall finish first ?

The book is Stephen King's 11.22.63 you can check it out on Stephen King's website. So far it is a good thought provoking read. If you could travel back and change an event in history which one would you choose but beware when making your choice of the "Butterfly Effect" where a small change in one place can result in a large difference to a later state.



I had a great walk with Poppy and Blue yesterday, it was a beautiful day. Ray had to go to our son's farm to meet with the builders so it was just the three of us.



Photograph taken from the headland of Poldhu Cove looking out towards, Church Cove, Gunwalloe Cove, Porthleven and Mounts Bay in Cornwall - seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


I watched the sunset over Poldhu Cove and Mounts Bay from the veranda wrapped up warm with a mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows waiting for Ray to return.


The sunset over Poldhu Cove and Mounts Bay Lizard Peninsula Cornwall. The photograph was taken from the seaside holiday cottages garden at Trewoon -  seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk



Just a note about yesterday's post I didn't lose my entire photograph collection but I did lose about 200 or so pictures that I was in the process of transferring from the memory card to a folder.


Many thanks for all the comments that you are leaving on my posts, it is so nice to share even a little bit of ourselves with each other.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx