Saturday 14 January 2012

It is impossible to watch a sunset and not dream

Sunset at Poldhu Cove Cornwall taken from the seashore holiday cottage on the Lizard Peninsula
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


As the working day comes to an end I enjoy sitting and watching the sun go down. The last few evenings have been truly glorious and the whole cove has been bathed with the golden rays from the setting sun.

Are you superstitious? I am and I always dread Friday the 13th, something always happens.

When I checked my blog last night I had to do a double take at the page views. Well over treble the usual  number !!  Upon further investigations it was noted that I was having hits from some weird referring sites.

Some sort of ...*$%*".... search engine had picked up on a phrase I had used in my post. I will not repeat it here other than to say that it was a type of bird. Can you guess which one? It was not the chaffinch.

I had so many lovely comments about the bird photos I have included another one today.

Chaffinch photographed in the Cornish seaside garden of the holiday cottage at Poldhu Cove Mullion
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Wouldn't he look good incorporated into a cross stitch?

We are off now for a walk with Poppy and Blue. It is a mittens and hats day, although dry and sunny the wind is very cold.

Wishing all my pin pals an enjoyable weekend with lots of stitching time.

 It is impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.


Sunset at Poldhu Cove Cornwall taken from the seashore holiday cottage on the Lizard Peninsula
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx