Monday 2 January 2012

12 Acts Of Kindness

The Hour of Prayer - Moira Blackburn


This time eight years ago we lost Tigger, my beautiful tabby cat to cancer. Tigger was a rescue cat so we weren't too sure how old he was but we had him for seventeen years.






I stitched the Hour of Prayer in memory of Tigger. He was a very affectionate cat who gave us all great pleasure.




The verse seemed fitting to mark Tigger's passing.

I was very touched last night when reading Lisa's blog ivoryblushroses by her post "2012 To Do List".


Lisa suggested that instead of making resolutions, try doing 12 ACTS OF KINDNESS throughout 2012 and that you can do them over and over again.

1.   Send a card to a friend for absolutely no reason.
2.   Bake goodies for a neighbour.
3.   Buy coffee for an old friend,
4.   Hold the door open for a stranger.
5.   Compliment a server for their service.
6.   Pick up litter that you see.
7.   Write a note to someone special.
8.   For one day, smile at everyone you pass by.
9.   Let someone go ahead of you in line.
10. Pass on a memento to a loved one.
11. Invite a friend or neighbour over for a simple meal.
12. Call a family member and tell them how much they mean to you.

I have printed this list off and framed it. I am going to try to do as many of these things as often as possible.

Lisa's blog is well worth a visit, her stitching is beautiful and her posts are always very interesting.

It is a beautiful day here at Trewoon with a very active sea. I think that we have storm coming.

View of The Poldhu from Church Cove Lizard Cornwall
seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

Although my DH and I are retired my son runs his business from offices at Trewoon and we still help him out when needed. Eight people work from the offices and it is very busy. We have enjoyed the peace of the Christmas break but today is our last day of quietness as they all start back to work tomorrow.

Our nephew, Alessandro,  who lives with us returns this afternoon from visiting friends and family around the country. I am expecting a big pile of laundry to come home with him!!

I think that I will spend the afternoon stitching and then have a good go at chores tomorrow.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx