Wednesday 29 July 2015

The sun is here



It seems to have taken ages to stitch the sun there are zillion small stitches (well it feels like a zillion). In reality I have been spending less time with my needle and more time in my sewing studio quilting and sewing.

We have just returned from visiting family in Wales and on the way home stopped at The Cowslip Studios and bought a copy of Jo Colvill's new book


There are two quilts in the book that I want to stitch and have just kitted up this one.




Whilst we were there there was an exhibition of quilts, there were many beautiful ones.







In Wales we met up with my sister and her daughters for a family meal and our daughter and grandchildren for a theatre trip and Sunday lunch with them and other family members - happy times.




The boys are growing up and are a delight.