Friday 26 October 2012

A Little Bit of This and That ....

The Blue Ribbon Sampler - Olwyn Horwood


Progress is being made on Blue Ribbon. It is not the easiest of charts to work from.




The Blue Ribbon Sampler - Olwyn Horwood


There are four pages of corrections available. If anyone has the book but not the correction sheets please let me know and I will email them to you.



The Blue Ribbon Sampler - Olwyn Horwood

The saw tooth satin stitch runs around the nine inner panels. There are two stitches omittedon one "tooth" it was not easy to find where I had gone amiss when I reached the end of the top row.

A good chart would have highlighted this.


The Blue Ribbon Sampler - Olwyn Horwood

This is such a pretty border.

I had an email from another stitcher about the photo album of JoAnn Hoffman and Bethany Gallant. I am sure that a lot of you know about their work but if you do not it is well worth a visit here.

When browsing their albums I came across Scarlett Letter's Mary Hurst and just had to order the chart.

Mary Hurst 1661 - The Scarlett Letter


Mary Hurst 1661 - The Scarlett Letter


Mary Hurst 1661 - The Scarlett Letter




Mary Hurst 1661 - The Scarlett Letter

What I really need is an extra pair of hands to stitch all the charts I seem to accumulate.

The SDW Sampler SAL officially starts this weekend. There are five possibly six of us. (Robyn if you are reading this please contact me with an email address, you are a non reply blogger and I have no way of responding to you.)


The first daffodils bloomed on the 24th October beating Trewoon's record by one week. I believe that this is a "Paper White" and what is particularly pleasing is that it is one of the newly planted areas.






I have been meaning for ages to take some photographs of finished projects and today I finally got around to doing so

The following is a mish mash of projects stitched over the years in no particular order.





















































We have bought a pram, push chair, car seat "system" for our expected grandson and as it is considered unlucky for Chris and Kate to have it in their home before the baby is safely born I have it here.




Blue is very interested in it. I wonder what he will think of the baby?

We played golf yesterday, it is good to be getting our lives back on track.

I did some baking this morning and tried out a muffin recipe - vanilla, chocolate and fudge chip, with a cinnamon sugar topping.






This is another recipe from joyofbaking.com. I am enjoying working my way through her web site.

This week's holidaymakers should be arriving soon so I am off to meet and great. Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.


Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx