Monday 1 October 2012

Stitched With A Nana's Love

Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

Good progress has been made this week on VS Alphabet series and I really feel if I am back into the swing of things. Hopefully another week or so and it will be finished.

I am umming and aarring about whether or not to sew the hemstitch borders around each alphabet as this will be framed rather than a wall hanging. What would you do?


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

I love bullion roses.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

The tweed stitch was fun to do and has a great texture.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

The occasional charm adds interest.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

I never imagined I would cross stitch a pair of underpants.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

More bullions.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

There is lots of sparkle.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

Thea is such a creative designer.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

The nutcracker is so cute.


Victoria Samplers - Alphabet Series

I had to go to Truro last week and I could not resist popping into a quilting shop on the way home. As soon as I saw this panel I thought it would be perfect as a play mat for our grandson who is due to be born on December 31st.

I blanket stitched around the squares, added the border panels and backed in navy fleece. 





A package of beautiful silks arrived as part of the Cabinet of Curiosities course. The photograph does not do them justice.






We have enjoyed watching the Ryder Cup this weekend and stayed up late last night, what a thrilling last day.





We got the munchies in the afternoon so I made some cappuccino biscotti and some lemon drizzle cake.




Before I could get my camera out someone had helped themselves.


Finally does anyone know what type of butterfly this is? I haven't seen one like this before in our garden.




Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx