Tuesday 23 October 2012

Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.


The Blue Ribbon Sampler - Olwyn Horwood

I could not resist starting the Blue Ribbon Sampler on Saturday night. I haven't done too much stitching as Strictly Come Dancing, Downton Abbey and The Great British Bake Off Master Class have been on the television. All my favourite programmes. Hopefully I will achieve more this evening.

Thank you for responding to my call for help and putting me in touch with others that have started the sampler. It seems as if many stitchers have the book and started but not completed it. There appears to be quite a few charting errors and I have been advised to leave the right hand border until all the blocks have been lined up so that I have room for any adjustments.

If you would like to see some rare close up photographs of a finished sampler then visit Michele's blog stitchingcatsandchickens which she has just started. It is well worth a visit.

Michele is currently stitching Victoria Sampler's Alphabet Series as one project so her blog will be very interesting to follow.

Michele will be joining me with the SAL of the SDW Sampler by Scarlett Letter.



SDW Sampler - Scarlett Letter

Joining us with be Elaine, and  Robyn . This will be the first SAL for all of us. We hope to stitch one evening each week to suit our own schedules, sharing updates on a weekend to encourage each other  and then post about it once per month.

If you would like to join us you would be very welcome. This is such a beautiful and unusual sampler and one that I look forward to displaying in my home.

I am off to feed Poppy and Blue and then I am going to settle down with my needle.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx