Wednesday 5 August 2015

A cottage in the country

'


It seems like an age since I have stitched when it is probably under a week whilst I have been busy making a quilt. Tonight has been spent with Chimneypiece and we now have a little cottage set in rolling hills and with an apple tree bearing fruit.



I was messaged by a stitcher to ask  if I would share a close up of the sun so here it is.



Monday evening found us at a favourite Truro restaurant "Mannings" followed by Haydn's The Creation at Truro Cathedral. The whole evening was superb and thoroughly enjoyed.




The Cathedral was a majestic setting with wonderful acoustics. Rachel Nicholls as Archangel Gabriel was the best soprano I have ever heard live. 



We were both carried away to a special place high up in the Cathedral's vaulted ceiling.




My regular blog readers know that I live on the Lizard Peninsular at Poldhu Cove,


Trewoon Poldhu Cove seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

A short one minute video has just been produced by I Love Cornwall and everything you see is the area immediately surrounding us including our own beach. I thought you would enjoy watching it https://youtu.be/GyX56BvUiVE

Trewoon Poldhu Cove seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk



If you would like to visit us we have three five star luxury holiday cottages overlooking the beach



seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk

We have a Studio in the gardens which is an ideal retreat to quilt, stitch, paint or write in. I am always happy to spend time with needle workers stitching or sewing and for beginners I can share some tips and tricks.

seasidecottagescornwall.co.uk