Sunday 16 February 2014

Blackwork Framed



I finished this blackwork piece last year but forgot to post a photograph when framed.

It has proved a difficult one to photograph with the light bouncing off the hundreds of petite gold beads and glass.




I enjoyed embellishing and personalizing the original design. I kept to the framework of the blocks but changed some of the stitches



I find it very hard to stitch any chart as is these days.


I think I am getting to the stage where I would like to design a sampler all of my own. I can feel one building up inside me.




Hopefully I will get some ideas sketched out this year.



The weather has been awful in the UK for several weeks and on Friday it was the worse that we have ever known it. It was very scary and we feared for the house. It was strange after howling gales to wake up this morning to blue skies and peace and tranquility.


This photograph was taken from the inside of a school bus trying to get through the cove a few week ago, you can just make out our house and gardens.

I hope every one wherever you may be are safe, warm and dry.