Wednesday 15 February 2012

Ann Medd Progress - Day 20


Ann Medd - Day 20


It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end and I am certainly enjoying this journey. Ann is a joy to stitch and my favourite sampler to date.

I have made some changes and replaced several animals in the second section with ones that appeal to and mean something to me and Trewoon. I have put in some robins and rabbits. I have also stitched a pair of pelicans as I was so touched with the meaning behind them when I stitched them on Dutch Beauty. I intend to put in two pairs of doves either side of "Paradise Lost" to symbolise hope, promise and romance for my son's forthcoming marriage.


Ann Medd - Day 20

Whilst stitching the verses I have noticed that here and there the letters have been sitched in three different ways. I have used the same font for consistency and not copied the variations.



Ann Medd - Day 20

The back stitched lettering is quite time consuming with starting and finishing the colour changes for each word but it is worth it as the colours together are beautiful although the photograph is not true to the actual colours.

I have recently been listening to The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and Believing The Lie by Elizabeth George which I enjoyed but last night I stayed up late listening to the end of my current book The Last Child by John Hart which was BRILLIANT.

Normally if  I listen to an audiobook in bed I fall asleep in no time but this was enthralling to the very last sentence. I would highly recommend it if you like crime/thrillers.

I now have to find another audiobook  - any recommendations will be appreciated.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx