Thursday 19 June 2014

A Gift for Alfie


Hot off the sewing machine today is a quilt for a friend's grandson - Alfie.


I thought as this was being quilted whilst the World Cup was on that it ought to have a football theme.


The Bernstein Bears on the front are also playing football in some of the squares (this is the back).



The wonderful weather is continuing and this is the sight that greeted me this morning. 


This afternoon, as I was hand stitching the binding on the quilt in the shade of the verandah the little chicks decided to fly the nest. This one landed right by me and watched me for ages before it got its bearings and flew off.


Ray was back on the river yesterday and rather than go out to sea pottered around on a rib with his friends Tony and John - Three Men in a Boat !!!


We are just waiting for the day to cool a little and then we are off out for an evening walk along the coast path. Until next time ............