Monday 28 April 2014

Two finishes and a new start

My needles have been flying and I have finished EK 1653 and Ellenor Wykcs both by The Scarlet Letter and stitched on Floba 35/6ct with AVAS.


Ellenor was such a pretty sampler to work on.


EK 1653 has quite a few similarities to Ellenor and I found that switching back and forth between the two worked quite well.

I adapted my EK from the original by inserting the lines of a favourite poem that means a great deal to me and my sisters.

My new start is Ruthy Rogers also by The Scarlet Letter


Ruthy is quite a different sampler for me and I am out of my comfort zone.

After seeing Barbara's stitched Ruthy I just had to have a go at stitching her.



Didn't Barbara do an amazing job on hers?

I will post again when Ellenor and EK are back from the framers with detailed photos.