Monday 6 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR


It has been an age since I posted on my personal blog. I have been busy with lots of projects though. Elizabethan Treasures has been framed and hung.


I am very pleased with her and it was a good exercise in mastering some speciality stitches.

I have also completed a fairly large blackwork piece and I added lots of petite beads. I think if you click the photo it will clearer ( I am having problems with posting photo from my ipad onto blogger).

 



I am afraid that I could not get on with Elizabeth Simon, I adored the satin stitch flower border but unpicked the two outer borders and filled in the centre with a favourite poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.


She is now at the framers.

A small finish was a hardanger placemat.



I tried very hard so that the back and front were identical. Can you tell the difference? I have left a waste knot showing on the front.

My other stitching projects are a SAL for GiGi's Saxony Band Sampler and we are on week 13.


I started at the bottom as I intend to change the top band and to add a verse if I have enough fabric.



It is very delicate looking and I am loving The Attic's conversion.

My main stitching project is Rachel Jarratt by the Scarlet Letter.



This is my first time with the fishbone stitch. I am very taken with band samplers at the moment.

This one has been very enjoyable (so far) stitching the outline and then colouring in.

Here is where I am at the moment.



I have been busy quilting and have had two finishes. A gift for a little baby girl who lives on a farm close to the sea.



The Celebration range from Moda seemed perfect as it had animals and sailing ships.

My other finish was going to be for one of my cottages but I loved it so much it now resides in my drawing room.


I used a favourite quilting pattern.


I have a few more quilts on the go but seem to be waiting for threads or wadding after the Christmas break.

I have completed some more blocks on Vintage Valentines






I seemed to have made lots of pillows lately. They make great gifts. Here are two of them.







Chris and Kate were delighted with their Christmas present.


The artist has captured the dogs so well. They didn't have the foggiest idea that they were getting this for Christmas and it was so nice to see their faces when they opened the box.

Archie was very poorly over Christmas and we were unsure if he would be able to celebrate his first birthday but he rallied on the 2nd.


We can tell from this photo that he has lost a lot of weight. He is growing up so quickly.

The weather has been dreadful, quite frightening in fact.

One of our very tall trees cracked from the top to over two thirds down and was only stopped from crashing down onto our cars by another tree. It was fortunate that the wind dropped for a few hours for the tree surgoens to attend to it.



Huge chunks of sand have been gouged out of the cove and I think that the owners of the beach cafe are worried that their building is going to be washed away. No photos as I am not well at the moment to go out with my camera.

These photos are from Porthleven which is very close to us. You can see just how big the waves are.



Stay safe and warm until next time.