Thursday, 29 November 2012

Monthly Draw Prize List



I had hoped to have a photo of my progress on The Blue Ribbon Sampler but Blogger will not let me upload any stating that I am out of space. I have read of the same problem on a few blogs in the past week.

What can I do?


We are just  a week into my Scarlet Letter Year and we already have nearly 70 participants. If you would like to join in the fun there is plenty of time, just post a comment on this post and I will contact you.




If you have asked to join and you haven't received your invitation to contribute then it has either gone astray or you are a no reply blogger. We currently have 5 no reply bloggers that we have been unable to track down an email address for. Please contact me with your email address at nicola.parkman@gmail.com

(Just  quick note that in addition to becoming a contributor it is important that you also become a follower so that each new post goes into your reader).

I have listed the monthly draw prizes for the challenge tonight on Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year blog.

They are:-

DECEMBER 2012




My favourite silk is Au Ver a Soie and I am giving away 10 skeins  The first name out of the hat on December 15th can choose the colours.


JANUARY 2013

Hopefully this month there will be lots of stitching but just in case you have not purchased your chart the first name out can select a Scarlet Letter Chart of their choice and full yard of linen from Scarlet Letter's wonderful selection subject to availability.

The prize for the second name drawn has been sponsored by Elaine of emilyscupboard and is for one of my favourite charts 


Jane Atkinson

Thank you Elaine for your generosity. Elaine has recently started her blog and it is well worth a visit.




FEBRUARY 2013

February is my birth month and I wanted this prize to be one that is special to me. Pride of place next to my sewing chair sits my spool caddy.



Hyers wood Spool Caddy

Richard stopped taking orders for his custom made sewing furniture in September but has very kindly agreed to make another one for me with a scarlet cushion (of course!).


MARCH 2013

We may be seeing some finishes in our gallery this month so it is the perfect time to start another sampler.

The name drawn can select a Scarlet Letter Chart of their choice and full yard of linen from Scarlet Letter's wonderful selection subject to availability.


Dorothy Walpole


Dorothy has been a very popular sampler to stitch, what will you be choosing?


APRIL 2013

By April we will have had our silks, fabric and chart so it is time for me to share with you my favourite embroidery scissors.
Sajou Mother of Pearl style scissors
I hope that the winner this month will enjoy using them as much as I do.



MAY 2013

Time for another Scarlet Letter Chart of your choice and full yard of linen from Scarlet Letter's wonderful selection subject to availability.

The weather here in the UK will hopefully be starting to warm up and my husband should be setting off on his round the UK boating trip.


Seventeen Sailors

A perfect month for me to stitch Seventen Sailors to commemorate his voyage. What will you choose?


JUNE 2013

I like collecting sewing etuis and boxes, the moment I saw this I wanted it.


DMC Home Forever Sewing Box

If you are the name drawn how will you customise the panels?


JULY 2013

We will now be roughly half way through the challenge and I hope that the gallery will be filling up and another perfect opportunity to start a sampler.

The name drawn can select a Scarlet Letter Chart of their choice and full yard of linen from Scarlet Letter's wonderful selection subject to availability.

It will be summer here in the UK and my son's flock of sheep will hopefully be as plump as these.


Grazing Sheep



AUGUST 2013

By now I hope to have completed one or two samplers and will be needing to replenish my silks so I am giving away another 10 skeins.  


English Transitional Sampler

I will probably be starting the English Transitional sampler which has the most vibrant colours. 


SEPTEMBER 2013

Time for some reading, my favourite magazine is Sampler and Antique Needlework quarterly




I am sure that many, if not most, already read or subscribe to SANQ so the name drawn will win a year's subscription to start at a date of your choice no later than September 2014. 



OCTOBER 2013

In the UK autumn will be well and truly here and the evenings starting to draw in. I like nothing more than to light the fire and settle down for an evening's stitching.

The name drawn can select a Scarlet Letter Chart of their choice and full yard of linen from Scarlet Letter's wonderful selection subject to availability.


AW 1662
AW would make an ideal winter's project.



NOVEMBER 2013

I have been hearing for some time about the gorgeous silks available from hand-dyedfibers.com and I would very much like to try them. 




The name drawn will receive a $50 gift voucher so that they too can try Vicki's silk threads.


DECEMBER 2013

Our gallery should have lots of finishes in it now.

Will you be fed up of stitching yet? I am sure you won't be so let's have another Scarlet Letter Chart and  full yard of linen from Scarlet Letter of your choice.

Just as well Marsha has so many designs to choose from.


Jane Stott



Maybe Jane Stott, a Pennsylvania Christmas Sampler would be a festive choice. I haven't seen her stitched before.

JANUARY 2014

Our last monthly draw so a special one. 

If you are a follower of my blog Stitching by a Cornish Seashore you will know I LOVE my Millennium Frame so the drawn name will receive a standard frame





THE GRAND FINAL DRAW FEBRUARY 20TH 2014

As a thank you for participating and completing a sampler(s) with me and making my Scarlet Year special the first two names drawn will received a $50 voucher.




One has very generously been sponsored by Marsha and the other by my husband Ray.

The next five names will each receive a Scarlet Letter chart of their choice subject to availability.



Hopefully I will be able to post properly again as soon as I have sorted out this storage problem.

Warm Wishes from Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore Nicola xxx

44 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Nicola! I've got several Scarlet Letter charts that are even kitted! I'd love to join your SAL! Maybe I'll even manage to finish one or two in 2013.

cucki said...

hello deary, it is truly going to be a fun sal..
i will soon let you know..
love for you x

Erica said...

Oh! Those prizes are just "to die for"!!!

Vickie said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Nicola. You are really something! Wow!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wow... the prizes are wonderful. You should get many more members wanting to join in on the Challenge. Thanks again to you and Jo for setting this up for us.
I too got the message that I was out of photo space. I went ahead and upgraded to 5G and my credit card will be billed $2.50 per month. It's a small price to pay for the convenience of uploading photos directly from my computer.

Margaret said...

I loved seeing the prize list. So great! As for Blogger -- that's so weird. It seems everyone is running out of space at the same time. A bit suspicious?? I'm holding my breath, wondering when I'll get that message too.

pam said...

Wow! What an amazing selection of prizes. You have some great sponsors for this. So generous of you all

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a gorgeous array of prizes Nicola, you are extremely generous in both this and the time you are putting into this challenge.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a gorgeous array of prizes Nicola, you are extremely generous in both this and the time you are putting into this challenge.

Miss Pants said...

Oh my goodness that is an AMAZING prize list!! I wish I was taking part in the stitch a long

Angie Burrett said...

Hi Nicola: this has inspired so many, well done! And the prizes to are an added very generous bonus. I too tried to download some photos and the blog would not let me do so. Take care and thank you again for such an amazing idea. x

Mary said...

Hi Nicola, your monthly prizes are most impressive! I'm stitching like I'm possessed just so I can get on to my first SL project.

Ruth said...

Nicola, what a lot of thought and effort you have put into this coming year. I'm looking forward to getting started and stitching along and hopefully having a wonderful sampler or two at the end.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous gorgeous prizes!

I changed to Photobucket a while back as my Picasa album was getting full. I think alot of people started blogging about the same time (1-2 years ago) so would naturally use their storage up at about the same time.

You can either do a load of housekeeping and delete stuff which doesn't need to be on your blog anymore, pay the monthly fee or move to Photobucket!

Shirlee said...

I agree with everyone ... wonderful & generous prizes : )

Nikki said...

I already posted to your previous post about the Scarlett Letter. Do I have to post again here that I would love to join in? I wouldn't want to miss out. I will choose my chart and purchase it soon. So many to choose from.

Nikki
manikki2002@yahoo.com

Ellen said...

Wow, wonderful prizes! I must make my decision fast and order my chart ha ha!

Hugs,

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Oh Nicola--those prizes are over the top!!!! Such generosity.

Yes I have had the same problem with Blogger.

Am super excited about your Red Letter Year with Scarlet Letter--can't wait to see all the wonderful needle work.

gracie said...

One way around the storage space is to delete Picassa pictures. That is what I do.

Katrina said...

Too much fun!!!!!!

lynda said...

I would love to join your SAL...I would love to start with The Scottish Sampler.
Hope to hear from you soon....thanks!

Chris said...

What a wonderful stitching event you are creating! Thank you for everything that you are doing.
I am hoping to have time to get my post about this together this weekend. I have many SL kits in the stash but I want to concentrate on some that have been languishing in the UFO pile.
I got to visit the Scarlet Letter a couple of times about 12 years ago. Heaven!
Have a lovely weekend.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you're turning your Scarlet Letter Year into quite an event!

Dawn said...

Hi Nicola,

Wow you have a lot of people participating already. After seeing all the activity and excitement I have decided I need to join as well. I have never blogged before so any help will be appreciated.

Frances O'Donnell said...

Wow, I just found this site. The prizes are just beautiful. I love samplers so I will be following along on your blog.
Fran O'Donnell

Michele said...

OMG Nicola, this is a veritable cornucopia of delights to win. I scrolled through thinking "I want that one...and that one....and that one!!!"
So much stitching, I hope that frame arrive soon!!

Much love xxx

Elaine said...

The SL blog and SAL are so much fun! Thank you for going to all the trouble and organising it so well. Ni idea how to help with the space issue - you are my technical support :o)

EvalinaMaria said...

When I joined your Scarlet Letter Year I just wanted to make your birthday brighter, more joyful and very special. Now, when learning about prizes - I'm drooling, I want to have it all! You are a very generous lady.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Siobhán said...

Nicola, I came by this link in another blogger's comments when she had received the same 'out of space' notice.
http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.ie/2012/09/fixing-blogger-photo-limit-problem.html

Webshots, which hosted my stitching albums, just closed down and I moved everything over to Photobucket. I suppose when I get the notice I will either stay with Photobucket or pay for the membership at Flickr.

Your prizes are amazing! You've put so much thought into all of this, I'm impressed and appreciative!

Christine said...

Amazing prizes! I am still undecided about which chart to order but I'm narrowing it down!

stitchinpeanut said...

I would love to be a part of this SAL... I hope it is not to late.
Thank you
Tracy

Heather said...

Wow!! You are having such a generous giveaway!!!
We share a birthday month!! Mine is on the 12th. ;o)

Love, Heather

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer Cameron said...

Hi Nicola,

I would love to join in too. I have Margret Gatis allready to stitch.

Thanks
Jennifer

Marsha said...

I would love to join up. I'll be having one of thoseu years too - 60, in June. I have one Scarlet just started and another from long ago.

Kaisievic said...

All I can say is "WOW!" I am speechless with your generosity (and you know how rare that is). You are indeed a very special lady,Nicola.

love Kaye

Heidi Kuijer said...

Back again Nicola. My email is heidisdollquilts@gmail.com just in case it shows are non-reply. I am going to dig out my first chart this weekend and get it kitted up. Fun! I had not put this on my list for 2013 but now I will since I wanted to get back to sampler stitching which I missed this year. Thanks for this SAL.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Roberta said...

Hi Nicola, would love to be a part of this, have a few SL charts/kits. Have a new computer and am finally back catching up after several months.

Looking forward to the stitching ahead.

Roberta
simplystitching@gmail.com

Lori said...

Nicola - Please add me to your Scarlet Letter SAL. I look forward to a fun filled year of stitching.

Miss Pants said...

Okay..I think all my friends have enabled me. I will start out small, I'll order the chart for Damaris Underwood 1823.

Anonymous said...

Moncler Outlet a large number of The Su Hongye in Chongqing something, cannot return in,[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler outlet[/url] wrote that the daughter decide, so long as she said [url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler outlet[/url] the study. the foreign flavor from the new individuals are very against [url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler coats[/url] the old pick auspicious day for marriage, advocates pick ocean life. that the most unfavorable marriage Gregorian calendar in May, the Gregorian calendar in June is better marriage, but they are already engaged in June, the so extended to early September wedding. It is stated too much attention to date,Monday 23 is a good day for marriage, especially on Wednesday; 4,561 days like a bad day, as a result they pick on Wednesday smiles: must have been that guy to leave Yuen Long Cao tricks. Mei smiles: short, you hate the ecu students, pattern names up. Chosen to obtain married that Moncler Outlet Wednesday, the elements is much like summer, hot interest. The way in which I wanted, Jiao days Fortunately, today I didn't do groom. The church was air-conditioned, Ts wearing a black wool dress, too busy sweating, I believe he white collar having a ring, to get another yellow sweat soaked and soft. I afraid the entire of his plump body In Khan, the way the candle into a pool of oil. Miss Su is also tight ugly. fall into line at the wedding, bride and groom smiling face, no expression of Ku Buchu, all unlike the dry wedding, but rather no, this is not on the scaffold, is a, is, like Moncler Boots a public host to pickpockets signs with punishing those hardened criminals hard. I occur to think that I own wedding ceremony, under those thousands of Kui Kui also like to become inevitable cracked pickpockets. That made me realize the type of joyful, smiling faces of happy wedding pictures were never taken to. find! Great find! I am interested in is to observe how you prefer her within 24 hours. avoided her not to see, just say a few words with Miss Tang - chien hop heavy heart that, like truck unloading the parcel the following smash gravitropic only strange Xinmei won't hear - was a bridesmaid the day, saw me and Moncler Scarf inquired about not to fight, said the ceremony complete line, we sprinkle colored paper Fou new body, when, in support of I will not have hands, afraid which i go ahead and take opportunity to throw hand grenades, nitrate sulfuric acid spill. She asked me in the future plans, I informed her to visit Sanlv University. I believe she may not wish to hear your name, and so i did not mention a thing you.

more information you can go to http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com

[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler official website[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler coats[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler shop online[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler online store[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler jacke[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler shirts[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler 2011[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler clothing[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler jacket[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler kids[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler usa[/url]
[url=http://www.giubbotti-moncleroutlet.com/]moncler outlet italia[/url]

Angela said...

Hi Nicola! Please add me to your fun SL SAL.. my 55th birthday year so it would be great to finish one of these lovely SL samplers.. now to choose THE ONE to start! thanks,
Angela

Nicola said...

Hello Angela

Please could you email me your email address as you are a no reply blogger and I have no way of contacting you.

N xxx