Thursday, 22 November 2012

Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year

2013 will be a "red-letter" year for me as I turn 50 in February. It is going to be a special year both as a milestone in my life's journey and as I plan for the year to be filled with Scarlet Letter samplers.



Marion Robertson 1834


I am inviting you to join me on a Scarlet Letter Challenge and to enjoy the wonderful selection of reproduction samplers that Marsha has charted 



Elizabeth Mitchell 1828


There are 326 samplers to choose from in various sizes and skill levels. The Scarlet Letter website rates each chart either beginner, intermediate through to advanced.



Grazing Sheep circa 1810


It is easy to participate, there are only two requirements:-

Start or resume a WIP of one or as many Scarlet Letter samplers as you like (each finish will give you another entry) between now and February 20th 2014, regularly sharing with me your starts, progress and finishes via a blog that is in the course of being set up.


Post about the challenge on your own blog or if you don't have a blog just pass on news about the challenge to a friend in another way.


Elizabeth Simon 1758

On February 20th 2014 I will draw seven names from a hat, there will be two first prizes of $50 vouchers for Scarlet Letter, one has very generously been sponsored by Marsha. In addition there will be 5 runner up prizes of Scarlet Letter charts of your choice.



Dorothy Walpole 1774




If you would like to take up the challenge and share my Scarlet Letter year leave a comment on this post and Jo will contact you about posting on the blog Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year If you are a non reply blogger please email me (at nicola.parkman@gmail.com) your email address. 

If you haven't blogged before I will be happy to post your progress



Diligence


The Scarlet Letter website has an online shop where charts can be purchased or  a list of international suppliers can be found here. There is a UK retailer wye.co.uk and although they only show kits Dean will order the chart(s) for you.



Jane Atkinson 1780



I will be working on as many as I can from the charts in my stash, but which ones? It is so hard to decide - they are all wonderful.





Rachel Ayres 1829




I do hope that you will take up the challenge and share my passion for Scarlet Letter and reproduction samplers.





AW 1662